Friday 12 August 2011

First pregnancy I had a delivered early what are my chances for the second pregnancy?

I had to deliver my first baby @ 34 wks on hospital bedrest. How likely will I have to do this again with my second pregancy? Also since I delivered a healthy baby the first time, is there a chance I'll miscarry this time or will I likely have another healthy pregnancy?
With my first, my son was born 3 weeks early.  With my second, I went 2 days over my due date and then begged for an induction. 

Every pregnancy is different, unless there is a problem with you physically that caused your first to be born early, for example if you have an incompetent cervix.

There is always a chance for miscarriage, but again, unless you have some physical problem that makes you prone to miscarriage, the chance for miscarrying isn't any greater this time than any other time.

It's normal to freak out and stress!  Just remember every pregnancy is different, and take good care of yourself.  That's all you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment