Thursday 21 July 2011

Career ideas that combine bachelor degrees in biology and psychology with an interest in health/fitness?

I am one class away from completing my degree in biology, and a few classes from my psychology degree.  I have a lot of interest in the psychology of learning, as well as health and fitness.  (I love working out.)  I would really like to find a career that combines these interests, but my advisors at college, as well as other professors, family and friends don't have any ideas.  I have taken some career assessment tests on computers, but they require you to pick only one major of interest.  And I would really like to do something that makes a difference, where I can see that I'm helping people.  I don't want to sit behind a desk.  I need action and variety. Anyone have any ideas?

If I had your qualifications and interests I think I would consider teaching.  You might be able to do some Physical Education work with troubled kids.  A different approach might be to write a sort of loose essay describing what you consider to be perfect activities (not a perfect job) for yourself.  With that essay in hand you could do a bit of polishing and it may lead you to the perfect career.  It might also show you something you hadn't considered but would be great for you if you only took two or three more classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment